babybunnyjac

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Internship

Hey hey, suddenly remembered tht I have a blog.lol.have been so occupied last semester and now I'm busy with my intern. How are y'all lately? Hope everyone is doing fine :)

Well, my intern suppose to start at 1st of july but due to the request of my boss, I agreed to start my intern a month earlier than my friends.that is in the month of june right after my birthday.Initially the boss wanted me to start working on my birthday but, I requested to delay for a day. (Who likes to work on their birthday? Siao meh) on top of that, I was having my final exams in the month of june but they allowed me to take day off to sit for my papers. to work and to study is kinda stress if you can relste to that, I don't really have time to study because of the work load. Almost everyday I worked overtime to get my work done. What an experience. (Beacuse of those "wonderful" clients -.-)

Anyhow I only have three papers to sit for since the rest are 100% coursework.That's the pros of being an art student. Hah! however, during the semester, we're constantly busy with assignments.

I got my intern quite late since I don't really have the time to search for it. But I knew it's going to be in Penang. I wanted to be in Penang because I wanna explore this place, in short I like Penang.(another reason would be, CM Lim :3) Before starting my uni life, seldom will I go to Penang but, there are two major events of my life that took place in Penang, that is when I had my national service and being a student in USM +I like the church I'm attending now.it was the church that I attended during my national service back then. ;)

Last semester, I was caught up with a theater performance for my senior's final year project. I've agreed to help her since the previous sem and so I was busy going for rehersal and so not forgetting my assignments and other commitments.The busyness tireds me out but I do feel that I've used my time to the fullest. Haha!

Back to the topic, I've tried sending e-mail and resume to a few company which I'm interested. Mainly advertising agencies cause I'm a graphic student but there wasn't any reply. Instead of waiting, I called up to ask whether there's any vacancy for interns.The first one didn't really worked out, the 2nd one wanted me on the spot but my heart wasn't settle for it. I was waiting for another company and so I prayed and called up again. so they arrange an interview specifically for me.
The interview that I went to is the one most intern would be afraid of...testing your skills on the spot! I was kinda shocked when they say there are going to give me a small test.before that they already given me an IQ test when I fill in the form and guess what, they say I'm the 2nd one (of all tht came for interview) who got it all correct and they added I should pat myself on the shoulder since I've never done this IQ test before.lol. I startled but ofcz all the glory to God for His wisdom. so I took the 2nd test and do whatever I can according to the topic given in 45 minutes using illustrator. Only after that I show them my portfolio, artworks and assignments that I did in Uni. The boss actually complimented about my work. Wow, I was like in cloud nine because the boss affirmed me that I have a future in this industry. It was rather comforting as I know I'm on the right track ;) *happy girl

Getting into this company in Penang is what I wanted and I do thank God for it. Though I did grumble for the heavy workloads, I do learned a lot and still learning.

P/s: felt that I'm like a full time staff, under paid. Lol (Like a foreign worker, work so hard, earn so little >.<) but what counts is the the experience I get, in which money can't buy! ;)

Sorry guys, only updating when I feel like it.Sometimes I do wonder does people actually read my post.haha..anyways, do share your thoughts with me.would like to hear from you.hehe! :D

picture taken in the office when I'm still feeling fresh. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment